Central California Alliance for Health is seeking qualified candidates for our Chief Operating Officer role. Our former COO, Ms. Stephanie Sonnenshine, will be leading the Alliance through her new role as Chief Executive Officer.
Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance) is a a financially strong, award-winning, regional non-profit health plan established in 1996. We are a well-regarded and trusted partner in the community with over 20 years of successful operation. Using the State’s County Organized Health System (COHS) model, we currently serve 350,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. We work in partnership with a comprehensive network of contracted providers to promote prevention, early detection, and effective treatment, and to improve access to quality health care for those we serve. This results in the delivery of innovative community-based health care services, better medical outcomes and cost savings. The Alliance is governed with local representation from each county on our Board of Commissioners.
We are a value-based organization, guided by the following:
• Culture: We strive for a respectful, diverse, professional and fun workplace.
• Customer Service: Our customers’ satisfaction is our highest priority.
• Excellence: We value and continuously improve quality in our services.
• Innovation: We leverage local talent to create solutions.
• Integrity: We tell the truth and do what we say we will do.
• Partnership: We collaborate with others for strong solutions.
• Stewardship: We manage responsibly, and earn the trust of partners and regulators.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the COO provides executive management and leadership of the Operations Division, including core health plan operating functions (e.g. Claims, Member Services, Provider Services, etc.). The COO organizes and integrates Alliance operations across all Divisions and provides executive leadership in interdepartmental projects and on the implementation of new business plans, policies and programs. The COO communicates performance to internal and external stakeholders and in partnership with the Chief team, participates in strategic planning of the organization. Click here for more information about our Executive Management Team. The COO position is based in our Scotts Valley, CA office.
The ideal candidate for the position will:
• Enjoy working by and to a set vision and mission
• Develop strategies for the organization and determine organizational initiatives
• Make connections and help others make meaning in their work
• Model the organization’s values and motivate staff to be innovative and engaged
• Build capacity within the Operations Division and the organization
• Actively develop direct reports and empower them through delegation in their day-to-day decisions
• Maintain focus on strategy, policy and budgetary decisions
• Create and encourage positive growth and change across the organization
• Translate organizational goals into practical, concrete actions for growth and improvement
• Prioritize issues and focus on areas of high importance and impact
• Ensure all decisions made by self or staff support established strategies and goals and improve performance
• Hold self and others answerable for job performance
• Take ownership of commitments and embody our values
• Have excellent communication skills, with ability to flex style and engage every audience through active listening
• Build relationships across the organization to effectively move the work forward
To do all of this work successfully, we require the following:
• Knowledge of:
- The California Medi-Cal program and entitlement programs
- Health care fiscal principles and operations
- Managed care provider payment methods and contracting
- Public policy and regulatory issues in health care
- Customer service and quality improvement method
- Utilization Management/Quality Assurance systems and procedures
- Management Information Systems applications in health care systems
• Ability to plan, direct, assign, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of others
• Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in Business, Public Health or Health Administration or a related field
- Eight (8) years of management experience within a health care organization (managed care, or prepaid health system, and experience with the Medi-Cal program is strongly preferred), which includes experience overseeing, general and fiscal operations, customer service and provider relations, health care information systems, and regulatory compliance functions; or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying
For a complete position description and to apply online, please visit our careers website at https://ccah-alliance.silkroad.com
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
• Ample Paid Time Off
• 11 Paid Holidays per Year
• 401(a) Retirement Plan
• 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
• Robust Health and Wellness Program
• Fresh Fruit Delivery
• Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
• And many more! (http://benefits.filice.com/centralcalifornia/docs/2017/bensum.pdf)
The Alliance is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.